I am fond of sleep. Generally, I am able to sleep without any trouble and really enjoy my nighttime sleep. It seems like I hit 38 weeks pregnant...and I can't sleep. I wake up around 3:45 am, and cannot get back to sleep. Miserable!! I have tried reading - but sitting in one or several positions is not too comfortable and lying down to try to go back to sleep causes me to moan and groan - thus waking up Steven in the process (who still has to go to work... while I still have to function in the morning - taking care of Connor in the morning is quite a task for someone as sleep deprived as I have been the past few days...). I opted to come and write this blog this morning.
I am currently re-reading Harry Potter - in hopes that it will not be entertaining enough and won't keep me up late and help me take a nap during the day. (Didn't work last night - was up till 5:15 am - then tried to get back to bed - and Steven said I moaned for the next hour trying to find a comfortable position.
YIKES! I really need to get this baby out of me. I realize that I won't be getting much sleep when this little girl comes - but I am sure that I will enjoy looking at her rather than the bump around my belly. So, really... I just want to sleep... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!!
PS I am so glad it is FRIDAY!
3 comments:
I feel for you girl. No, I'm not pregnant, but I also have times where sleep is totally impossible and it's SO frustrating! I hope you find something that works and get some sleep! Maybe try drinking some hot chocolate, or listening to relaxing music? Sometimes mindless TV is what I need, VH1 eventually puts me out every time. :)
I feel so bad for you. I have some text books you could borrow that would probably work a lot better than Harry Potter.
I know exactly how you feel. It will be over soon though...she can't stay in there forever. And you will get quality sleep if not quantity when she comes. (With Zach and Blake I had the nurses keep them in the hospital most of the time ..atleast at night and I got some really good sleep so that I was charged and ready to go when we arrived home)
Post a Comment